Pages

Stanley Moves in...



I'd like to introduce you to a new friend of mine- a fairy called Stanley. No I'm not going mad, I've just been working on creating the illustration for a character of a new book about a grumpy fairy who likes to live under a drip in a washbasin. The author Jack Ross aka Bill Kirton contacted me via a mutual friend-Fiona Jane, and from there he and I have been bringing Stanley to life. It's been a fun project to work on- and certainly been interesting to be able to breath life into a character that someone else has only written about. It's also funny how once the main image of Stanley came to be, he has become more like his own person and there are stances and moods that define and suit him more than others...in particular are moody, angry, miserable.




It's also been good to expand my portfolio and stretch out into children's book illustration. I hope there will be more opportunities to take Stanley and expand his character and mood -I'm already working on a Christmas related story and other covers for Stanley and his adventures. The first book is hoping to be published before Christmas and I'll let you know when it is available!
Read here for the authors blog on Stanley.
Bookmark and Share