Pages

New designs for Mellybee - Aprons




Is it me or did we loose a month? I'm sure last time I looked it was March and we were heading for Easter and now it's May?! Well I guess I better get on and tell you about what's been happening this last month.

I've been aiming to get some new things designed since the beginning of the new year and felt I needed  to put some time into coming up with new products to keep things fresh and interesting. So April has been more or less dedicated to getting my head down and working on new things!

One of the new products at the top of my list was aprons. Last year I frequently would hear 'I love your tea towels but do you do aprons?' so back in January I finally found a company that does sell in bulk quality cotton drill aprons with thick woven ties.


Here are some photos from the design process- I like to mock up in pencil then work in black ink before scanning and taking into illustrator to vectorize.


Here are the design complete with the colours that I felt would work best with them.
The designs are:



And here the aprons are finally printed and photographed.


The process from beginning to end has taken probably a bit longer than I would have liked but I'm glad I spent time creating a product that I'm happy to add to the Mellybee range. I've also got five new designs which I've already transferred to tea towels and I think would work pretty nicely on totebags too!



Share |